Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Flashback to the summer of 2010...

I'm going to take you back to the summer of 2010 when my life started heading for the worst. Keep in my mind that my parents weren't together at the time so I spent most of the summer up with my dads side of the family. That summer he was in a treatment facility and his wife, mom, my step sister(Tiffany) and I old go up twice a week to visit him for a couple of hours. Well, when he got out it was close to the end of summer and I was going into seventh grade. I had to go back home to start school (I live with my mom). I still had a couple of weeks before school was going to start but I had meetings and orientation, and I got a call from another one of my stepsisters(Tara). She asked if I had seen my dad because he was missing, I told her I hadn't and she said she was just wondering because she thought he might've came up to see me. A few days later I got a call that my dad had passed. He had tried to commit suicide, but failed. He went to hand himself but as he was on the branch tying the noose the branch broke and he fell, slamming his head down hard on a rock. The fall had also broken his arm. He had laid there unconscious for about three days, which is why he was missing, but then he just passed.... Finding that out ultimately killed me inside and I haven't been 'me' since. Well, a week after his funeral his widow, my stepmom(Kim) had a brain aneurism. I was there when she collapsed and seeing the sight of all the blood coming out scarred me... Sometimes I still can picture her and hear the noises that she was making. If I hadn't been there she most likely wouldve died.. That just pushed me further into depression. I really haven't been the same since... xx -Dani. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie. First of all, welcome to Blogger. I just started following you.

    I'm so sorry you experienced such a traumatic loss. I've lost my father, but I can't imagine what it's like to go through that. You've obviously been put under a lot of pressure in the past, and sometimes we just crack :(

    I'm off to read your other posts now and add you to my reading list. This was a really powerful post, and it can't have been easy to share.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you for taking time to read my posts, it means a lot. I'll follow you back as well. I have been put through huge amounts of pressure and sometimes it's just hard to keep myself together.. Leave comments and feedback on my posts and I'll be sure to answer anything. As far as sharing that, it's becoming easier to tell people that my dad passed, but I don't share how he passed just to stay away from the judgement. Thanks again! xx -Dani.

      Delete